A Mushy Breakfast: Mushrooms Stuffed with my Special Ricotta Mix
A healthy breakfast, that's easy to throw together and encourage the children to get involved.
This recipe can be amended to your taste or dietary requirements, i.e. use goats cheese as a dairy-free alternative and exclude the bacon/prosciutto/ham for a vegetarian option (skip step 4).
- 5 large Flat White Mushrooms
- 300 grams of Smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup of Sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 slices of Proscuitto, ham or bacon
- 50 grams of Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- 25 grams of Shredded Mozzarella cheese topping
Serves 2 Adults, 1 child
This recipe is easily scalable and can be easily amended to your dietary requirements, simply omit or substitute ingredients according to your taste or needs.
- Remove the outer skin of the Mushrooms, as well as their stems (tails). Lay them flat (upside down) in a baking dish
- Cut the Sundried Tomatoes into small pieces, and place in a mixing bowl
- Wash the fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, cut into small slices, and add to the mixing bowl
- Pull or slice the Prosciutto** into bite-sized pieces, and add it to the mixing bowl
- Pour the smooth Ricotta into the mixing bowl and stir until the mixture is even
- Place the mixture on top of the overturned Mushrooms filling them but not so much that they're overflowing
- Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella
- Place in oven at 200-degree celsius for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, drain away excess water and allow to cool
- Serve warm or cold